Kingsbury is a town in Washington Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, just northwest of the intersection of U.S. Route 35 and U.S. Route 6. The town was founded in 1835 and incorporated on March 3, 1941. During 1940 - 1941, the Kingsbury Ordnance Plant (KOP) was built for use during World War II. The plant closed after the war but reopened during the Korean War, closing permanently in 1959. The population was 242 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Michigan City, Indiana-La Porte, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town has its own fire department, KVFD (Kingsbury Volunteer Fire Department), and a Greek revival style First Baptist church built in 1851 with its own graveyard and Winchell Cemetery.