Benson is a village in Woodford County, Illinois, United States. The population was 423 at the 2010 census, up from 408 in 2000. It is part of the Peoria, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The village was established in 1874 with the construction of the Chicago, Pekin and Southwestern Railroad. The town was named after S.H. Benson of Streator, Illinois, the railroad's general freight manager. A post office was established in 1873.
The Benson Water Tower is listed on the National Register of Historic Places although it was replaced with a modern water tower in the 1980s and has since been demolished.