Avon is a census-designated place (CDP) in Powell County, Montana, United States. The population was 124 at the 2000 census. The town sits along the Little Blackfoot River, and serves as a gateway to the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest.
The post office was opened in 1884 by Bill Cramer. The town was named Avon after the Welsh word for river. The town served as a supply point for nearby ranchers, prospectors, and miners.
The town includes the Fitzpatrick Ranch Historic District, a designated location on the National Register of Historic Places.