• Regardless of application requirements, applicants will still have the option to submit a personal essay.
• When the personal essay is required for a particular college, the requirement will be required during the Common App submission process to ensure an application’s completion.
• Individual college and university writing requirements will now be reflected in multiple places within the application. • Technical resolutions have been implemented in order to streamline the entire application process so applicants won’t miss any necessary requirements or have to hunt down specific school requirements.
• The essay (as well as all other parts of the application) will remain editable for all applicants. • Overall, the communication regarding each school’s requirements was improved in order to help students navigate applications more easily • Indicators have been added ensure all of their submissions to schools (with specific application requirements) are completed thoroughly and without error.
• Individual essay prompts are either completely new or have had additional text added to help clarify the essay questions for applicants.
The new essay prompts are as follows with new wording italicized, as listed on The Common Application web site: 1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience? 3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again? 4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution. 5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family. If you’re applying for the 2015-2016 academic year via the common app, you can start preparing now by checking out the 2015-2016 essay prompts now. Don’t delay – the sooner you get to work, the better!
You Might Also Like
High Value Scholarship
Join to Enter
Save up to 50%