A more personal classroom atmosphere can sometimes be an easier adjustment for college freshmen. They are less likely to feel like a number, a feeling that can sometimes impact students' first semester grades.
$1,000 March Scholarship
Easy to Apply
- Professors tend to be more available for questions and one-on-one help.
- Classes are more discussion-oriented with a good deal of interaction among classmates.
- Students are expected to be ready to discuss readings and assignments each class.
- Professors might grade you on participation and attendance.
Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!
Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.
Large Classes While large classes lack the intimacy and quantity of interaction with professors, they also provide an opportunity to take more responsibility for your learning experience. You may have to make an effort to get to know the professor outside of class since opportunities during class are limited. Also, professors might not issue constant reminders of when assignments are due. Some additional aspects of larger classes are:
- Supplemental discussions are usually conducted by Teaching Assistants (TAs)
- Exams and papers may carry more weight in determining your grade.
- Attendance is less likely to count toward your grade.