2017 – 2018 SAT and ACT Test Dates: Are You Registered?
Check out the upcoming 2017 - 208 SAT and ACT test dates.
By Kathryn Knight Randolph
May 22, 2017
As you gear up for back to school, it’s also time to gear up for the college search. One of the most tedious and strenuous components of the process are standardized tests; and believe it or not, test dates are rapidly approaching.
If you’re a senior in high school, try to take either the SAT or ACT as early as possible during the fall semester. That way, you have time in December or January to retake if you’d like to improve your score. Taking the exam before your admission applications are due will ensure that the admissions committee receives your test scores sooner rather than later, which will affect the timing of when you receive your admissions decision. If you do take the test later in the year, be sure to let the schools you’re applying to know which date you choose.
If you’re a junior in high school, it’s advisable to take both the SAT and ACT in the spring semester. Students perform differently on both, and some do better on one test than they do the other. Juniors that take standardized tests in the spring of 2017 will be at an advantage to those that don’t. They will have the entire summer to prepare and work to improve their weak points before taking the exams again in the fall of their senior year.
SAT Test Dates:
• August 26, 2017 – Register by July 28, 2017
• October 7, 2017 – Register by September 8, 2017
• November 4, 2017 – Register by October 5, 2017
• December 2, 2017 – Register by November 2, 2017
• March 10, 2018 – Register by February 9, 2018
• May 5, 2018 – Register by April 6, 2018
• June 2, 2018 – Register by May 3, 2018
ACT Test Dates:
• September 9, 2017 – Register by July 28, 2017
• October 28, 2017 – Register by September 22, 2017
• December 9, 2017 – Register by November 3, 2017
• February 10, 2018 – Register by January 5, 2018
• April 14, 2018 – Register by March 9, 2018
• June 9, 2018 – Register by May 4, 2018
• July 14, 2018 – Register by June 15, 2018
*Late Registration deadlines for each test can be found here.
Remember, you can always find test prep information, helpful articles, guides and standardized test dates on Fastweb’s Test Prep page, too!
Need Money to Pay for College?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants, and internships, for which they actually qualify. You'll find high value scholarships like VIP Voice's $5,000 Scholarship, and easy to enter scholarships like Niche $2,000 No Essay Scholarship, and internships with companies like Apple, Google, Dreamworks, and even NASA!