- Map out the classes you'll need to take for the next four years in preparation for college admissions. Take the most challenging course of study available.
- Join clubs and activities that interest you.
- Meet with your school's guidance counselor to discuss courses and extracurricular activities.
- Start building relationships with teachers, counselors and activity supervisors. This will help you obtain recommendations for college later.
- Select a volunteer organization you'd like to get involved with.
- Become familiar with the standardized tests you need to take.
- Begin to discuss college costs with parents/guardians.
- Meet with your school's guidance counselor to discuss plans for summer and next fall.
- Apply for summer jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities.