Why attend college?
You will learn skills that will help you both on and off the job.
A person who attends college generally earns more than someone who doesn’t.
How can I go about choosing a college?
Colleges are located in big cities, suburbs, and small towns throughout the country. Some enroll tens of thousands of students; others enroll only a few hundred. Some are public; others are private. Some private institutions are affiliated with religious institutions; others are not. Some schools enroll only women, others only men.
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- Why do I want to go to college?
- What do I hope to achieve in college?
- Do I have some idea of what I want to study or which career/job interests me the most?
- Do I want to live at home or go away to school?
- Do I prefer being in a big city? A small town?
- Would I be happier in a small college or at a large university?
Download the Application and Admissions’ Checklist (pdf).
Article courtesy of Campus Compare. © 2009