Scholarship Spotlight: Do Something -- and win $100K! High School, College, Grad, All Majors.
December 14, 2009
If community involvement is important to you, then this is YOUR scholarship! The Do Something Awards will offer up grants to five deserving young people out there making a difference.
But what sets Do Something apart from other scholarships is that it offers you the opportunity to earn cash for education while helping others and truly making a difference. The Do Something Awards celebrate young people 25 and under who are tackling a problem and changing the world.
Winners split the cash with the cause of their choosing. Up to $5,000 can be used toward the winner’s educational expenses, the remainder of the community grant money is paid directly to the nominee’s organization or the not-for-profit of the nominee’s choice. The grand winner divvies up $100K, with $10K going to each of four runners up.
So, if you’re a person that likes the be the change you seek, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Provided By: Do Something
- Deadline: March 01, 2010
- Type of Award: Grant
- Amount: $100000
- Awards Available: Unspecified
- Website: http://www.dosomething.org/programs/awards
- Description: Could you use $100,000 to change the world? The Do Something Awards celebrate young people 25 and under who are tackling a problem and changing the world. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada. Apply online at www.dosomething.org/awards. Application closes March 1st, 2010. There will be one $100,000 Grant Winner and four $10,000 Grant Winners.
- Applicable Majors: All Fields of Study
- Additional Information: Please visit the sponsor’s Web site for additional information.
Need Money to Pay for College?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants, and internships, for which they actually qualify. You'll find high value scholarships like VIP Voice's $5,000 Scholarship, and easy to enter scholarships like Niche $2,000 No Essay Scholarship, and internships with companies like Apple, Google, Dreamworks, and even NASA!