Finally, some great news for college graduates! The job outlook is getting brighter this year, according to a recent survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
, a non-profit group that connects college career services with employers.
The survey’s findings indicate that employers are planning on hiring 11% more college graduates within the U.S. than last year. The NACE survey asked each employer responding to rate which degrees they were looking for in their new hires.
The following list of degrees made the top ten list, along with the number of companies looking to hire individuals in those fields.
10. Economics – 64 companies hiring
9. Logistical/supply chain – 67 companies hiring
8. Electrical engineering – 71 companies hiring
7. Management information systems – 73 companies hiring
6. Information sciences and systems – 75 companies hiring
5. Mechanical engineering – 83 companies hiring
4. Business administration/management – 86 companies hiring
3. Finance – 91 companies hiring
2. Computer science – 92 companies hiring
1. Accounting – 98 companies hiring