10. PoliticsMillions usually don’t come with being a politician – it’s the private investments within the financial sector that account for the large sums earned.
9. FinanceHaving a background in finance obviously aids those successful within the field to make smart investments within the financial sector.
8. Computer SciencesAs technology continues to evolve and produce millionaires amongst the ranks of well-known innovators, like Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, experts predict that computer science is likely to rise in rank on the list.
7. AccountingSimilar to finance, having a background in accounting obviously aids those successful within the field to make smart investments within the financial sector as well as smart business decisions.
6. CommerceUnderstanding the economy and systemic processes involved aids entrepreneurs to make successful business decisions.
5. Business AdministrationA background in business certainly aids the world’s millionaires in being successful in their entrepreneurial endeavors, many of which are the reason for their financial success.
4. Pre-Law/LawMost lawyers who also happen to be millionaires don’t owe their bank accounts to the practice of law but, rather, smart practices within the financial sector.
3. EconomicsA strong background in economics likely helps entrepreneurs to make smarter business and investment decisions.
2. MBAInterestingly, and of note, when only graduate degrees were examined MBA's actually topped the list, which 12.8 percent of the millionaires looked at holding an MBA.
1. EngineeringEngineering topped the list when both undergraduate and graduate degrees were combined as the most common major of the world’s millionaires. That's easy to understand, considering there are so many different areas the general "engineering" term falls under.
How does this list affect your career decisions, if at all?
You Might Also Like
High Value Scholarship
Join to Enter
Save up to 50%