Front Range Community College
University Website: www.frontrange.edu
Apply Online: https://grails.cccs.edu/onlineApplication/login/auth?school=FRCC
Front Range Community College (FRCC) is a two-year institution of higher learning with campuses in Westminster, Colorado, Longmont, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado, and Brighton, Colorado. It is the largest community college in Colorado and the No. 1 transfer institution for the University of Colorado-Boulder, Colorado State University, and Metropolitan State University of Denver. FRCC traces its heritage to the founding of the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education in 1967, which in 1968 established the North Campus of the Community College of Denver as its first new creation. In 1984 the North Campus was renamed as Front Range Community College and spun off as an independent institution in 1985. In 1988, the Larimer County Voc-Tech Center was incorporated as the Larimer Campus of FRCC. The college was accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools in 1975 and received continued accreditation in 2008.
Today FRCC maintains campuses at Fort Collins, Longmont, and Brighton in addition to Westminster and a highly developed online learning program.
FRCC manages the Stargazer Observatory in Stargazer Village as part of its astronomy program at the Larimer Campus, which also has an on-campus observatory as part of the new Sunlight Peak science building. The Westminster and Boulder County campuses have on-campus observatories as well.
In 2012, the college awarded 1,466 associate degrees and a further 1,722 certificates. The student body is 58% female and 42% male, with most students studying part-time and pursuing programs in liberal arts and sciences or career/technical fields.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $10,423.00 avg tuition
3645 W 112th Ave
Westminster, CO 80031
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communications Technologies/Technicians And Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Natural Resources And Conservation
- Precision Production
- Science Technologies/Technicians
- Visual And Performing Arts