Working in the military healthcare industry, you’ll be able to do everything a typical physician, nurse or dentist does while taking part in humanitarian relief efforts around the world. Plus, you’ll have the ability to focus on the finer points of medicine without the financial and business complications of private practices, such as running a practice, staffing employees, dealing with insurance, purchasing equipment and supplies or paying malpractice insurance. The military healthcare programs offer financial benefits packages and continuing education programs, so you can have the career and the lifestyle you want.
Benefits of working in the military healthcare industry include:
- Paid continuing education including clinical courses.
- Travel opportunities.
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your immediate family.
- 30 days paid vacation per year.
- No premiums or malpractice insurance.
- Flexible retirement savings and investment plan.
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges.
- Money to cover 100% of medical/dental school tuition.
- Monthly living stipend and food allowance.
- Signing bonus.
- Retirement after 20 years.
- No requirements to serve until after medical/dental school.