Scholarship Spotlight: Tillman Military Scholarship
March 18, 2010
Tillman Military Scholarships are designed to bridge the gap between what a service member can pay for school and how much school costs. Even with the GI Bill many service members and their dependents (children and spouses) are still unable to pay for school and therefore cannot further their education. Because of the sacrifices made by these men and women America is what it is today.
The Pat Tillman Foundation was established in 2009 and awards scholarships to help service men and women pursue their greater educational goals. The scholarships awarded are intended to cover direct study-related expenses such as tuition, fees, and books, as well as other needs such as room and board and child care.
- Provided By: Pat Tillman Foundation
- Deadline: April 30, 2010
- Type of Award: Scholarship
- Amount: Varies
- Awards Available: Unspecified
- Description: Selection is based on financial need, educational and career ambitions, personal achievement, community service and responses to the required essay questions.
- Applicable Majors: All Fields of Study
- Additional Information: Please visit the sponsor’s Web site for additional information.
Need money to pay for college?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants and awards for which they actually qualify. Sign up today to get started. You'll find scholarships like the Niche $1,000 Back to School Scholarship, and VIP Voice's $5,000 Scholarship.