There are many opportunities in the healthcare industry.
March 19, 2009
Four-Year College Degree
- Dietitians provide advice on nutritional food selection and preparation to enhance or maintain patients’ health. Visit the American Dietetic Association.
- Medical technologists perform clinical laboratory tests and procedures ordered by physicians. Visit the American Medical Technologists.
- Physician assistants offer preventive care and perform diagnostic and therapeutic tests under the direction of a physician. Visit the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Advanced College Degree
- Dentists prevent, diagnose and treat diseases of the teeth and mouth tissues. Visit the American Dental Association.
- Genetic counselors provide information and guidance about medical issues that have a hereditary basis.
- Occupational therapists use educational, vocational and rehabilitational techniques to help disabled people improve their qualities of life. Post-graduate education will be required for new OTs. Visit the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Optometrists examine, diagnose, treat and manage eye diseases and disorders. Visit the American Optometric Association.
- Pharmacists prepare and dispense medications prescribed by physicians.
- Physical therapists treat disease and injury using methods such as exercise, heat, light and massage. Visit the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Physicians are medical doctors who treat disease and injury. They prescribe medication for preventive and curative treatments. Visit the American Medical Association.
- Podiatrists specialize in the care of the feet. Visit the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Speech-language pathologists and audiologists specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating problems related to speech, language and hearing. Visit the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Veterinarians specialize in the care of animals. Visit the American Veterinary Medicine Association.
This article originally appeared on Monster Healthcare.
Need money to pay for college?
Every semester, Fastweb helps thousands of students pay for school by matching them to scholarships, grants and awards for which they actually qualify. Sign up today to get started. You'll find scholarships like the Niche $1,000 Back to School Scholarship, and VIP Voice's $5,000 Scholarship.